September 2004 - Cape Cornwall

As I walked from Carnyorth I was remembering starting secondary school age 11 and 7 months in September 2004. I went to a different school to all of my other friends so it really was like a new life or new world was starting for me. As I arrived at the point at Cape Cornwall I leaned back against the large chimney and gazed on one of the most phenomenal panorama's I have seen so far. It was so different either side, such different landscapes. I foolishly attempted to capture this panorama in a photo and of course failed. I noticed a small remembrance plaque on a little bench next to me. It remembered a lady named Iris who had died in 2004, the same year that I started secondary school; the plague simply read, "where two worlds meet".

DSC_0239

I suddenly saw my experience laid out on the landscape in front of me. I knew exactly how I was going to capture the landscape I was in, this is site-specific art at its most useful for me...  


Two Worlds Meet

P.S (I am so unbelievably tired right now, so my apologies if the writing surrounding this poem is nonsensical)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something, I'll try my best to respond...