August 2004 - Carnyorth

So this morning I woke up to find myself aged 11 years and 6 months and alone in the Carnyorth Education Centre. It's an old Victorian school house which for the last 20 years has been a place that school groups can come and stay and enjoy loads of outdoor activities. The place is amazing and even has a climbing wall in the main room. Amazingly Alison the lady who runs the centre had offered that I could stay in the centre for free; the catch was that I was staying alone in what at times during my very spooky night with all the empty beds and high Victorian ceilings felt like some sort of abandoned military hospital. It hauntingly reminded me of a terrifying Doctor Who episode involving a gas mask and little boy who only said "Mummy. are you there?". Any Dr Who fans out there will know exactly what I am talking about. But it wasn't so bad, I turned on all the lights and spent the whole evening on the phone to various friends, and now I've woken up it basically feels like I am living alone in the coolest house ever. I am in proper mining country now which I am loving. I spent most of the day yesterday exploring the huge disused mine at Levant and am looking forward to exploring the famous Botallack mine tomorrow.

So anyway, I've felt a little bit restricted in my creating recently and have been spending more time thinking if anything. However this morning I was able to release some creative steam. I noticed there were some speakers here in the centre, so I decided to plug in my iPod and listen to music whilst I was packing my bag. This is the much needed freestyle fun that followed... Oh thank you Michael you genius...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something, I'll try my best to respond...